Monday 6 January 2014

Joey in Concert 1314

Tonight is the last night of Joey in concert 1314 and I'd like to dedicate this post to the 15 show concert.

I went to concert 1314 on 28th December 2013 and it was really the most amazing show I've seen, mainly because its one of the few concerts I've seen in real life and also my first time at THE HKC. Compared to the 12 show and world tour Concert Number 6 (No.6), she toned down on the dance segments and started with a slow song 小日子 as compared to the fast paced 逃 which she opened No.6 with. However, remixes of 我的骄傲 and 未知 made these classics have a fresh feel. She also had an electric guitar segment which she played 空港 and Honey! in.

Okay confession. I cried the entire first segment. Not really because the songs were particularly moving, but because it was like a mix of "I finally get to see her again!!!", "this is the girl I stay strong and look forward to seeing" and "OHMYGOSH THE HKC AH IM FINALLY HERE". But after that I just went super high and jumping during the faster songs.

The costumes were gorgeous. The opening costume was an elegant black gown with silver bracelets (which one of them fell) and really showed off her figure. The props for that segment, the house, was really cool and well constructed and it seemed to just come out of nowhere from under the stage. The lightings had a really pretty effect on the atmosphere.

Second segment had her in a cute colorful minidress and she came out in a plane prop (is this a reference to the TITS2 craze this year or purely coincidental?) This segment was fun to watch and the pink plane was so cute. Okay my brain is not very linear so I may not remember the sequence correctly.

The section dedicated to mothers was touching and made me realize that I should appreciate my mom more. (okay I almost cried at this part too I cry easily) Anyway, on the first day, Jo managed to trick the audience for a while by announcing her "pregnancy" and it was actually pretty funny, her joking and all, but I almost got a heart attack when my friend suddenly messaged me in caps that she was pregnant. I actually freaked out a lot because I couldn't read any articles coz I didn't really have internet. So on Christmas day on the way to lamma island I was on the ferry trying not to scream. Okay that's a side story which I will not elaborate on.

The section where she played the guitar was super cool coz I never knew she could play the electric guitar. (Can you teach me hahaha) and also the dance segment for 我的骄傲.

During the 中秋节 segment, she came over to my side of the HKC (yellow segment. I was sitting with JY6) and she actually had eye contact with me and waved back! I was literally screaming then! She wore a (very revealing) black cheongsam, telling us about her diet (which she started 2 months before concert and was complaining abit about) and telling us to take more photos of her so skinny, saying she would gain it back in no time but I don't think she would though she always maintains such a good figure *super jealous*.

I think the most daring (and my favorite) costume was the star stripe bra which covered barely and had a skin colored back. (Nice abs by the way). She also wore a black gown with a huge bat on her head one segment, which would have been really nice and cool if not for the dancers in that really weird, revealing costume. Not really necessary in my opinion.

Then there was the really big dress in the snow globe which I didn't really have a good view of as it was directly on the other end of the stage. The encore costume was a semi transparent gown over a skin colored mini dress which was pretty on her. I actually kinda wanted to see the hot pink sparkly dress she wore on the first few shows but that's okay.

Okie that was a pretty short summary of the concert that doesn't really do justice to it coz there was so much feel and energy in the actual concert itself that cannot be put in words or captured on camera. Hope 1314 will be a world tour too and she can come to Singapore again!

Jo, if by some reason you manage to see this blog post, GOOD SHOW TONIGHT and thank you for a fantastic 1314. Take care of yourself kay? Rest well.

Keep Calm
     And
Listen to
       JY

-SG- (Rachael)

No comments:

Post a Comment